Cruise 6.0 FP TorqLink Pod Drive
- 35.00 LBS
- $99.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
- High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position)
- 9.9 HP equivalent
- Onboard computer and display with GPS-calculated range and runtime
- TorqLink data interface - enables fast data exchange between TorqLink components without gateway
- Item number: 1269-00 | EAN: 4260113696804
- Throttle not included – best paired with TorqLink throttle with colour display
- Equipment included: Pod motor (fixed position), 35 mm2 cable set (4.4 m) including main switch and propeller B 12 x 13 THR
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
Cruise fixed pod motors are the electric motors of choice for sailboats. All Cruise pods have a built-in GPS with an onboard computer and display with speed and input power, state of charge and remaining range, with a compact, low-drag, and lightweight pylon due to advanced helical gear design. Cruise 6.0 is a 48-Volt, 9.9 horsepower-equivalent pod drive perfect for sailboats up to 6 tons.
The Cruise 6.0 FP ships with Torqeedo’s advanced communication system, TorqLink, which allows faster and more accurate data sharing between system components. Pair with your choice of TorqLink throttle (1976-00) or (1949-00) throttle side sail (sold separately). Motor with the fixed propeller (standard) or choose the optional folding propeller (1988-00).
Cruise 6.0 FP Benefits:
- High-efficiency pod drive with 6,000 W input power, equivalent to a 9.9 HP petrol saildrive
- Pair with Power 48-5000 for best performance and accurate range/runtime functionality
- Hydrogeneration mode: charge your batteries while sailing using the fixed standard propeller or optional folding propeller (1988-00)
- Smaller and lighter than combustion saildrives
- Your choice of TorqLink throttles: TorqLink throttle with color display (1976-00) or throttle sail side mounting (1949-00) recommended
- Minimal impact on sailing speed
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminum for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties - ships with anode set for fresh and saltwater
- Also compatible with third-party batteries (48-Volt) but careful matching to motor power requirements is needed and additional cable set part number 1990-00 is required
Cruise 6.0 FP with 1 × Power 48-5000
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 4.2 (4.8) 27.1 (31.1) Full throttle 7.7 (8.9) 7.3 (8.4)
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Cruise's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Cruise FP
Cruise 6.0 FP Input power in watts 6,000 Propulsive power in watts 2,760 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 9.9 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 15 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 58 Static thrust in lbs* 230 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 48 Final charging voltage - Total weight in kg 14.7 Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm - Standard propeller
(v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts)
Propeller B 12 x 13 THR Alternative propeller options Propeller B13 x 11 FLD Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,130 Control Remote throttle TorqLink Yes Steering - Tilting device - Trim device - Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes