Cruise 3.0 FP Pod Drive
- 25.00 LBS
- $75.00 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
- High-efficiency pod motor (fixed position)
- 6 HP equivalent
- Onboard computer and display with GPS-calculated range and runtime
- Item number: 1268-00 | EAN: 4260113696798
- Throttle not included - best to use with Remote throttle for Travel, Ultralight and Cruise
- Equipment included: High-efficiency pod motor (fixed), cable set (4.4 m, 35 mm²) including main switch and propeller B 12 x 10.5 WDR
- Warranty: 2 years for non-commercial use
Cruise fixed pod motors are the electric motors of choice for sailboats. All Cruise pods have a built-in GPS with on-board computer and display with speed and input power, state of charge and remaining range, with a compact, low-drag, and lightweight pylon due to advanced helical gear design. Cruise 3.0 is a 24-Volt, six horsepower-equivalent pod drive perfect for sailboats up to 30 feet or displacement hulls up to 3 tons.
With a single Power 24-3500 lithium battery, this lightweight and budget-friendly e-drive gives you up to one hour of full-throttle runtime and runs all day at slower speeds. Need more range or speed? You can add up to 8 Power 24-3500 batteries for more energy storage. Choose from a standard top-mount throttle (1918-00) or (1949-00) throttle sail side mounting (sold separately). Motor with the fixed propeller (standard) or choose the optional folding propeller (1985-00).
Cruise 3.0 FP Benefits:
- High-efficiency pod drive with 3,000 W input power, equivalent to a 6 HP petrol saildrive
- Pair with Power 24-3500 for best performance and accurate range/runtime functionality
- Hydrogeneration mode: charge your batteries while sailing with standard fixed propeller or optional folding propeller (1985-00)
- Smaller and lighter than combustion saildrives
- Your choice of throttle: standard throttle (1918-00) or add a throttle sail side mounting (1949-00)
- Minimal impact on sailing speed
- Highest-grade seawater-proof aluminum for long service life, even in the harshest conditions
- Comprehensive galvanic corrosion protection through careful matching of all materials and meticulous isolation of materials with different electrochemical properties - ships with anode set for fresh and saltwater
- Also compatible with third-party batteries (24-volt) but careful matching to motor power requirements is needed
Cruise 3.0 FP with 1 × Power 24-3500
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 3.1 (3.6) 21.7 (24.9) Full throttle 6.8 (7.8) 10.3 (11.8)
Cruise 6.0 FP with 1 × Power 48-5000
Speed in knots (mph)* Range in nm (mi)* Slow 4.2 (4.8) 27.1 (31.1) Full throttle 7.7 (8.9) 7.3 (8.4)
* Depends on type of boat, load, propeller and conditions. Speed and range indications do not represent a legal guarantee.
Information on range and speed
For a displacement boat making way through the water, the required propulsive power increases in proportion to the cube of the speed. This means that if you want to double your speed, you need eight times as much power.
And vice-versa, a small reduction in speed is enough to increase the achievable range substantially.
The Torqeedo Cruise's on-board computer calculates the remaining range constantly, by linking the motor's consumption data with the charging level of the batteries, and the speed over the ground from the GPS. This allows you to read the remaining range in real time from the motor display or the smartphone app TorqTrac.
Technical Data Cruise FP
Cruise 3.0 FP Input power in watts 3,000 Propulsive power in watts 1,530 Comparable petrol outboards (propulsive power) 6 HP Comparable petrol outboards (thrust) 8 HP Maximum overall efficiency in % 51 Static thrust in lbs* 142 Integrated battery - Nominal voltage 24 Final charging voltage - Total weight in kg 12.8 Motor weight without battery in kg - Weight of integrated battery - Shaft length in cm - Standard propeller
(v = speed in km/h at p = power in watts)
Propeller B 12 x 10,5 WDR Alternative propeller options Propeller B 12 x 7 FLD Maximum propeller speed in rpm 1,100 Control Remote throttle TorqLink No Steering - Tilting device - Trim device - Integrated on-board computer Yes Stepless forward/reverse drive Yes